Use new adaptations to modify existing things.
Adapt Who - Person, people, group, etc.
- Who can be changed to best fit the situation?
- Who would be most accepting of change in order to solve this problem?
- Who can be trained?
Adapt What - Factor, element, part, component, feature, attribute, trait, quality, aspect, characteristic, facet, issue, subject, source, cause, effect, etc.
- What can be altered?
- What can be changed?
- What can be improved?
- What is similar to this problem that can be copied?
- What could be copied from another field of study?
- What could be adapted to this?
- What could be adapted from this?
- Are extreme modifications possible?
- Are there conditions for altered states?
- Can metamorphosis occur?
Adapt When - Time related, at what time, etc.
- When is the best time to change?
Adapt Where - Place, location, setting, scene, etc.
- Where can it be adapted?
- Where will the changes occur?
- Will changes occur in more than one place?
Adapt Why - Reason, purpose, cause, etc.
- Why would you want to change, adapt, or improve things?
- Why would the costs/benefits from improving things be in your favor?
Adapt How – Process, manner in which something done, etc.
- How can it be adapted?
- How can it be altered?
- How can it be changed?
- How can it be improved?
Synonyms for “Adapt”: Alter, Change, Modify, Improve, Enhance, Develop, Build, Stimulate, Convert
Related tool: Sequential Attributes Matrix.