Use eliminations to modify existing things.
Eliminate Who - Person, people, group, etc.
- Who could be eliminated?
- Who is really not part of the situation?
Eliminate What - Factor, element, part, component, feature, attribute, trait, quality, aspect, characteristic, facet, issue, subject, source, cause, effect, etc.
- What can be eliminated?
- What might you do without?
- What can be removed?
- What is not necessary?
- Are there any opportunities for “Addition by Subtraction”?
- What can be reduced to its core functionality?
- What can be simplified?
- What rules can be eliminated?
- What would you do if the obstacles were eliminated?
Eliminate When - Time related, at what time, etc.
- When can the time pressure be eliminated?
- When can the deadline be moved or eliminated?
Eliminate Where - Place, location, setting, scene, etc.
- Does the solution require a physical location?
- Is there a virtual location?
Eliminate Why - Reason, purpose, cause, etc.
- Why could you eliminate the reasons this situation is a problem?
Eliminate How – Process, manner in which something done, etc.
- How might you eliminate a process?
- How can you simplify it?
Synonyms for “Eliminate”: Remove, Reduce, Cut Down
Related tool: Sequential Attributes Matrix.