Preliminary list of standard 'How' questions.
- How can you solve the problem?
- How have you solved similar problems in the past?
- How can other people solve your problem?
- How is it currently being done?
- How can it be improved?
- How are the factors interacting to produce this result?
- How can you paraphrase the main issue in this situation?
- How are identified deficiencies affecting other parts of the problem?
- How can you transform yourself into the person that can solve the problem?
- How can you create new ideas?
- How do you employ the problem-solving tools and techniques?
- Many or few people? How many people are affected by the problem?
- General or specific? Is the problem applicable to a broad category or very specific sub-area?
- Simple or complex? Are there several elements to the problem with complex interactions?
- Too much or too little? Appears as a surplus or a shortage?
- Philosophical or surface? Is it an issue with deep values or surface practicalities?
- Survival or enrichment? Is it a live-or-die issue or one to do with managing quality?